Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oops- hiatus

Oh my goodness, look how much time I let lapse! I sure didn't mean to. But I must say, a lot has happened since I last posted. Sadly, I no longer work as a trauma NP. Not that that comes as a surprise but still sad to move on. As much as I loved my job, I had to give it up to start the new chapter of my life as a PhD student. I have now relocated across the country. And let me say, that was no easy feat.

Actually, I moved a little early because I was going to study Public Health in Boston over the summer. Well, things didn't turn out as planned. Long story short, I ended up with a moving company scam that caused me to miss orientation and the start of [summer] school. I could NOT get my furniture, and I spent so much time absorbed by the scandal. Fortunately, I did get my stuff, eventually .

So now that I have finally sorted out the all the disasters from the move, I've had a chance to start looking at what's to come. Of course, I've ended up with more time now than I had expected, since my summer studies got cut out of the mix. So, with time to stop and breathe for the first time in a long time, I think I am now starting to realize I am really going back to school. It started to become real when I saw the orientation schedule and the courses I'll begin this fall. I am getting excited, although I have to admit, a bit nervous too. But I am not one to do well with much down time, so I am anxious to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so much has changed in such a short time. How adventurous and exciting for you. I wish you the best of luck in this new path of life you are going down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! So much change...kinda makes my head spin!

    ReplyDelete